With the collapse of civilization, discovering commodities, or loot, is an important part of surviving. The island offers several ways to scavenge for loot:
- Scavenging dumpsters and junk piles once every 4 hours a day for cash or physical goods.
- Find random backpacks, corpses, and vehicles scattered across the Island that might contain cash or physical goods.
- While exploring the woods in groups of 2 or more, an abandoned building may appear. These buildings may be looted once per avatar and may yield the discovery of multiple goods.
- Dispatching the Infected may result in the discovery of physical goods or cash on them.
- Attacking other characters through the built-in combat feature on the HUD would yield a percentage of the defeated party’s cash.